Navigating Our Site
About the Records:
- “Title” refers to the station’s address.
- Numeric street names are written out (first, second, third etc.).
- Each station record also contains PDF versions of the survey forms, detailing the station’s history and architectural description, and digital photos.
Ways to Search:
- Click on the Gas Station tab to select a browse option:
- Browse all – lists stations by alphabetically by address (shown as title). Click “Title” to toggle between A-Z and Z-A.
- Browse by tag – click one of the themed tags to find stations sharing that theme. The larger the tag font, the more records in that theme.
- Browse by map – scroll through the address list to select a location. When you click the address, a pin pops up on the map. You can zoom in on the map to find the station. The button in the top right corner of the map toggles the satellite view on/off. Clicking the window above the pins takes you to the record for that station.
- Use the search bar to do a keyword search across all fields in the database.
- Comments - Please leave a comment about your thoughts.
- Exhibits - Coming soon – Learn about different aspects of local gas station history through online exhibits.
- Social Media - If you like our site, please share it via the links provided!
The San Antonio Conservation Society reserves all rights to the materials posted on this site. Unless expressly stated otherwise, you are free to make noncommercial use of these materials. We ask that you please cite us, using the citation found at the bottom of each gas station record. For commercial use, please fill out our Permission for Use Form and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 2015 San Antonio Conservation Society. All rights reserved.